DAFC SLO’sTuesday, 30th May 2017
Dunfermline Athletic Football Club’s Supporters Liaison Officers (SLOs)
Left to right: David Blackburn and Andrew Main.
Pars Supporters Trust Chair and DAFC Director Drew Main continues as the club’s SLO and he’ll be assisted by Dave Blackburn.
The role of the SLO has been developed by UEFA to provide a means of communication where the SLOs are the key point of contact. The benefits should include providing a greater insight into supporter viewpoints and being best placed to respond to any questions or suggestions supporters might have. The SLO programme is run by Supporters Direct Scotland in partnership with the Scottish FA.
As a visible point of contact, the SLO representatives will liase with a variety of individuals and organisations to deliver a positive engagement environment in relation Dunfermline Athletic Football Club, and its partners.
THE ROLE OF THE SLO:
• Building and maintaining dialogue between supporters and the club itself
• being the main point of contact at the club for supporters
• participation in fan meetings
• liaising with all supporters’ groups and other SLO’s
• being able to explain club statements/decisions to all supporters
• being able to inform the DAFC Board of supporter concerns
• being included in match briefings and security discussions before all games
• being a visible presence in ‘home’ sections of the stadium
• co-ordinating away travel and ticketing arrangements when required
• communicating with fans face-to-face and via social media
• travelling on various supporters’ buses to away games
Andrew MainBrought up in Edinburgh, Andrew moved to Dunfermline for work in the early eighties. This, of course, corresponded with the Jim Leishman era and having been invited along to a game with his new work colleagues, he was hooked, and has followed the Pars home and away ever since. Drew’s favorite all-time player is Istvan Kozma, and who can forget that fantastic hat-trick against St. Mirren.
Andrew joined the Pars Supporters’ Trust in 2009 becoming Vice Chair in 2013. Along with a number of colleagues from the PST, set up the website ‘Buy the Pars’, helping to save the club from oblivion, raising over £150,000 in 6 months. Drew was elected to represent the PST on the DAFC Board earlier in 2017.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter using @officialdafcSLO
David BlackburnBrought up in Streatham London, David joined the Royal Navy in 1961, before moving to Scotland with his family in 1980. On leaving the Royal Navy in 1994, David started supporting Dunfermline Athletic home and away, and has done ever since. Subsequently, David joined the Pars Supporters Trust, helping fans have some say in how the club should be run.
David volunteers to help on match days and also plays an important role during the week with maintenance jobs around the stadium.
Views : 16,595